Profile



I don’t want heavens or the shooting stars. I don’t want gemstones or gold. I want a steady hand, a kind soul. I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe.
one
Music


please don't go away
Monday, January 18, 2010

Singapore Canoe Marathon 2010, my last marathon ended well.


It will most probably be my last K2 race with JingTing before I graduate. Its always an enjoyment to be paddling and racing with her. We shared the same goals and passon.
I am confident to say that I can never find a better partner than her. No amount of words can really express how much I treasure this friendship. I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Jing for sticking with me, tolerating all my nonsense on the boat, pushing me to my limits during training and having confidence in me when I'm at my lowest :)

It's sad to think about leaving, and moving on but life still goes on. Looking back, I've never regretted joining the team and gave my best in this sport. It moulds me into a better person.

Another year, and another batch of wonderful, diverse people comes and goes. Some are happy; some are sad; some are apathetic; some are satisfied; some are disappointed; and yet all are turning along with the wheel of time.

Part of me wants to cry. Part of me wants to say things that should be said at times like this. Part of me will always remember. Part of me wonders about the future, and what it holds. And all of me loves and prays for them.

Quoting from coach:
"Win with pride, lose with grace. But it is those memorable moments that you share with your team that matters most when you look back after all the years."

I've met many wonderful people in canoeing. Trusted friends that will stand by you no matter what; friends that will not give you up at your worse. Friends that I would love to keep for a lifetime.

I'm thankful for having such a great captain, Daniel and advisor, Damien when I first came in. I'm thankful for having an awesome coach. I'm thankful for having such a wonderful 2007/2008 batch. I'm thankful for all my seniors that guided me throughout these 3 years. I'm thankful for everyone in this team that played a very big part in my life.

This will probably be the best 3 years of my life and I will definitely miss all of it.
11:16 AM

ShoutOut



Questions?

Affiliates

Formspring Twitter Athl JiaLin ChiaLing XiaoXian Team NYP Canoe Alvin Evangeline Jocelyn Joyce Joanna JingTing JunHao Kelvin Kimberly Melissa Nathan Sherlyna Samantha Rainie JinHui WanXin Cheryl

blog hits



Archives

Layout by 16thday
Resources One Two Three