Profile



I don’t want heavens or the shooting stars. I don’t want gemstones or gold. I want a steady hand, a kind soul. I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe.
one
Music


please don't go away
Friday, October 30, 2009

I saw this video from a fellow canoeist blog about “Gymnastics, Not Just A Sport”

It reminds me of canoeing.

Canoeing is definitely much easier as compared to Gymnastics but I think the amount of effort you have to put in training is around the same.

Effort.

I do not need to let the whole world know how much do I train in the team or at my own time. I do have my struggles every now and then, but I'll fight through all the disappointments and pick myself up after every fall.

I’ve always wanted to be stronger because it's never enough. The aim to move up to another level but at some point of time, I’ll reach a level that I can’t move up anymore. I need something more to push me on, like a catalyst and I'll find motivation in the slightest things.

When I’m lagging back, I’ll try my best to overtake and lead. When I’m at the front, I want to pull further away from every one.

Yes, I do have my bad training days. I have my lazy training days where I just slack off and give in to my comfort zone. But then, I’ll think of the expectations I have of myself; This burning desire to win in every race, to be able stand in front of everyone to receive that very medal of mine.

Training is never easy. The weak and breathless feeling after every sprint set. But I know if I pull through every set and put in hard work, I am one step closer to my goal.

Quoting from the video
“It’s always being sore but never contemplating to take a day off”

People can say that you’re never good enough or put in enough hard work. But the fact is, you do not have to answer to anyone but yourself. As long as you know you’ve trained hard, you’ve done whatever is in your power to improve. Why bother about others?

Round Ubin is in a few days time. My aim is to finish my distance and not drown in the sea of Singapore. I guess it's going to be really difficult without training for long distance after so long.

"When your body fails, your mind takes over"

All the best to all my fellow team mates competing! =)

AX, Over and Out!
9:39 PM

ShoutOut



Questions?

Affiliates

Formspring Twitter Athl JiaLin ChiaLing XiaoXian Team NYP Canoe Alvin Evangeline Jocelyn Joyce Joanna JingTing JunHao Kelvin Kimberly Melissa Nathan Sherlyna Samantha Rainie JinHui WanXin Cheryl

blog hits



Archives

Layout by 16thday
Resources One Two Three