I don’t want heavens or the shooting stars. I don’t want gemstones or gold. I want a steady hand, a kind soul. I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe.
“Always” by Hillsongs is a perfect song to start your day.
Yesterday I went home straight after a day of tiring work. Got changed and headed out for a run. So, I told myself that I’m going for a long run today since it’s been forever since I worked out.
It was 7:20pm when I headed out and the sky was already dark. I ran around my estate to Jurong and back. 1 hour of run. It was pretty comfortable with the wind and stuff. It reminds me of the days when I used to run with Xiaoxian around that area. Good old times. It’s a run down memory lane. We’re all growing up and now she’s becoming a mother soon! She’s starting a new chapter in her life. I am pretty sure it’ll be a good one =)
Anyways, I’m pretty excited about Saturday not only because I get to paddle but I’m meeting my girlfriends for steamboat!
(From time to time we are all blinded) "Come Back Down" by Lifehouse
...
Edited:
So I was blogging about a run down memory lane. I thought of the first canoe training I've attended. I think it was the best decision I've ever made in my entire life. Even though all those trainings always left me half dead and aches the following day, but it was all worth it.
I miss my junior days because I had so much fun with my batch. People like Guoliang, Pamela, Vivian, Tabitha, Liwen, Bernard, Penny and Shawn. I miss them so so much, especially Shawn because he's the one that brought us all together.
I know I've blogged about how much I really love this sport. I must say, I can never get enough of it and the people in my team. 10 years down the road, I will look back and still think that this will be the best part of my life.
The girls' team, is what keeps me going in the first place. I love my girls because I can see the desire in them to win & improve every time we train. Especially during this one month of training with some of them. Training is tough but as long as we stick together, as a team, everything will be okay. The bond is stronger now and I believe it will keep getting stronger every now and then. POL-ITE is coming soon, I believe this year we will be the underdogs. When nobody expects anything from us anymore, we will rise up to the occasion and show them what we've got.
Every training is precious, Every training counts.
Every pull, Every kick, Every twist, And every stroke brings you to closer to your goals.
"Step out of your comfort zone, get rid of all the negativity and break the boundaries."
Note to self: No matter how torturing long distance paddling is for me in the coming trainings, I will try to overcome it. I love long distance. Whoooohooooo! =/