|
Profile
I don’t want heavens or the shooting stars. I don’t want gemstones or gold. I want a steady hand, a kind soul. I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe. |
Music |
|
Monday, July 27, 2009
Overrated As time passes, people change. And when they do, who/what do you blame it on? I sit here, thinking, the seconds and minutes of our lives slowly fade, like an avalanche, it leads on to hours and days, months and years. When will it end? Nothing is forever, the story must end. “Forever” is such an overused word, that we never understand its full meaning. It has merely come to represent an illusion of comfort and safety. Our lives exist in the present; the past only exists in memories, and the future only in our hopes. Cynical as it may seem, but true all the same. So then what do we actually have? What holds the most importance to you? The present is tomorrow’s past. All of us hope to capture the moments, to store each precious memory in our brains, accessible at our fingertips. Is it so powerful then that it can replace the physical? Or are they merely illusions upon illusions that we create to comfort ourselves? We believe what we want to believe, our memories are merely cheap copies. Intangible. Everything is forever in our minds, and there, everything is forever defined by our minds. ...(Ashes to ashes. Dust to dust) The more you love the more it hurts, when you look back at what you've lost, there are times when the pain just seems unbearable. I mourn not for what has gone, for it makes no difference, but I mourn now for what has yet to come. While the past can never be relived except in our memories, we can endeavour to give purpose to our lives through hope. I'll end this post with something I quote from Jingting's blog. "We're all human beings and we have feelings. There are times we can laugh it off, but there are times that there's nothing we can do or say. Even though it's hurting so much inside" Do you know that sometimes the hurt is just too much to bear? 3:39 PM
|
ShoutOut Questions? Affiliates Formspring Twitter Athl JiaLin ChiaLing XiaoXian Team NYP Canoe Alvin Evangeline Jocelyn Joyce Joanna JingTing JunHao Kelvin Kimberly Melissa Nathan Sherlyna Samantha Rainie JinHui WanXin Cheryl blog hits Archives |