Profile



I don’t want heavens or the shooting stars. I don’t want gemstones or gold. I want a steady hand, a kind soul. I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe.
one
Music


please don't go away
Thursday, July 9, 2009

Before you start reading this boring post, I've a song to introduce. It's an old song I think.

"Breathe" by Faith Hill

I can feel the magic floating in the air

Being with you gets me that way
I watch the sunlight dance across your face and I've
Never been this swept away

All my thoughts just seem to settle on the breeze
When I'm lying wrapped up in your arms
The whole world just fades away
The only thing I hear
Is the beating of your heart

________________

The events that I’m participating in National Women Canoe Championship are roughly confirmed and I’m pretty psyched about it. Seriously, it’ll be good if there’s a 200m event in POL-ITE.

Anyways, I came across this quote while surfing the net just now.

“Limits only exists in your mind”

And I agree.

Recently, I’m being “Oh, I have limited training due to my internship. I can’t do this. I can’t do that. I just can’t” Yada Yada…

Okay, to think about it; I’m being very very very annoying. Forgive me? :)

_______________

You know, I’ve never thought that I could achieve something in sport until I came to know the existence of sprint kayaking in 2007. This sport taught me self-discipline, self-belief and moulds me into a better person.

To think about what I’ve achieved in 2008, it was the best year of my life.

To start off my year was the most torturing event ever, National Canoe Marathon. I participated in K1 Junior Women, 22km. It was the best marathon I’ve ever had even up till now. Good start, painful process, good results.

Then it was followed by PA Paddles Championship. I managed to clinch a K1 second place behind the Rose Foo Jing Ting the Great. The best was our K2 event, from being the last to start off and managed to come up strong at the end, clinching a first. I still get excited when I see the video now.

Then to National Canoe Championship, National Women Canoe Championship & South East Asia Canoe Championship with Jing Ting, participated in all 3 distances in K2.

With every single ounce of effort, into every single stroke, we gave it everything we had. We put on a tough fight with some other K2. Even though we always come in second/third place behind the national paddlers, I’m still proud of our achievements.

And then to K1 POL-ITE, I must say it was a miracle. I clocked my personal best timing of 4:42mins for 1000m. I didn’t know I can improve so much within just 2 weeks of crazy trainings. Waking up as early as 5am, rushed down for training @ 715am, rushed back to school for classes and ended up dozing off halfway, leave school @ 4pm and back to training @ 5pm. All this time constraints, sleep deprived, friends-deprived days was all worth it.

And the first time partnering Li Ling for K2, 500m event, the experience was great too! We started off strong, endured through the process and ended strong!

I must say, Year 2008 was a blast.

_________________


Every time when I start off in the race, I always begin with the end in mind.

What I’ve learnt in this one year is that self-belief is the most important factor. No matter what sport you’re doing. If you don’t believe in yourself, you can never win.

“If you can’t see yourself winning, don’t expect it to happen”

What I want to put across is that you will never know what’s possible for you, until you try; because you can be the best that you can be.

Sorry readers, I don’t know what is into me nowadays. I think I read too many articles about kayaking, motivational quotes. My posts are getting boring each day. Maybe I should stop reading.

________________

For my personal life, I’m meeting my sister for dinner & shopping later! It’s been… 2 weeks since I saw her. Seriously, she’s like the best sister on earth.

Baby just started his Final Year Project in school and I’m busy with my internship. Anyways, I miss you SGTE! :)

Girlfriends, I just met them last Sunday night for supper. Good to see them and glad they’re all doing well!

Lots of love,
Ai Xing

1:35 PM

ShoutOut



Questions?

Affiliates

Formspring Twitter Athl JiaLin ChiaLing XiaoXian Team NYP Canoe Alvin Evangeline Jocelyn Joyce Joanna JingTing JunHao Kelvin Kimberly Melissa Nathan Sherlyna Samantha Rainie JinHui WanXin Cheryl

blog hits



Archives

Layout by 16thday
Resources One Two Three